26 May 2014

Radish leaf pasta


The first batch of my own radishes is ready to be harvested, some are more individual looking than the others. They turned out really tasty this year. I like to utilise also the radish leaves, as they are quite useful in the kitchen. I simply love radish leaf pesto, and this dish that I saw in Clotilde Dusoulier's The French Market Cookbook (Radish-top pasta, p. 26-28), is quite a brilliant weekday meal also using the radish leaves.

This is how easily my version of this dish can be done (even easier when some of the ingredients come from the own garden).

Leaves of 1 bunch radishes
About 15 walnut halves toasted
250g fusilli pasta
Olive oil
3 shallots
2 garlic cloves
Nutmeg
Sea salt
Black pepper
Vegetarian hard cheese

Remove the radish leaves and wash them carefully.

Crush the walnut halves slightly and toast them in the oven.

Cook the pasta al dente and in the meanwhile cook the shallots and garlic in olive oil until soft.

Wilt the radish leaves in the pan briefly.

Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.

Add the pasta and the walnuts to the pan and mix.

Serve with vegetarian hard cheese on the top.



I told you it was going to be easy!

Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.