15 August 2017

Vegetable omelette


Here is a quick post before I go to bed. I think I was quite productive at work today, and even got some stuff done at home. We are still very much sorting out stuff from our moving boxes, as it seems difficult to find space for it all, or enough storage units. I think I'll see a trip to Ikea in my near future. The flat does have enough space, we only need a couple of more shelves and drawers, then it should be fine. We luckily also have quite a large loft room, where we can keep stuff that's needed more rarely.

It feels weird to write a breakfast themed post in the evening, but here we go anyway. Sometimes a proper omelette is a really nice breakfast to have (and why not also a lunch or dinner, if you like). I made a substantial one recently that contained courgettes, onion, tomatoes, cottage cheese and basil. Then there was just a bit of milk added to the eggs and salt and pepper to season. I mixed all ingredients together with the finely grated vegetables and fried in a pan. The turning of this monster wasn't easy, but I got it turned without horrible damage.

This was such a nice breakfast, and I'll have to make a similar one soon. The beauty of this is that you can use some leftover veggies in this, and get really creative. I also think that the cottage cheese was a nice addition. It was also quite an ad hoc addition, as I noticed that it was running out of date. I always feel very happy when I can utilise something that might have gone to waste otherwise.

What's your favourite omelette like, or do you not like omelettes at all? Any experiences with vegan versions?




Have a nice week!

Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.