19 May 2019

Kimchi fried rice


I've been a bit quiet here on the blog side, but nothing to worry about, I'm still here. I've just been busy with various things and haven't found so much energy for blogging in the evenings and weekends. I've been cooking though, so I have quite a few recipes to share with you.

This vegan kimchi fried rice is actually my partner's recipe, but he taught me how to make it. I do enjoy a good fried rice, and I've been making this a few times now. We found a lovely jar of kimchi in our local supermarket, and it really adds something nice to this dish.

Kimchi fried rice

Ingredients

1,5 cups brown rice
150 g kimchi
200 g chilli and lemongrass tofu
1 yellow bell pepper
3 carrots
1 onion
3 garlic
1 green chilli
2 cm fresh ginger
Vegetable oil for frying

Sauce:
Sauce from the chilli and lemongrass tofu
Sauce from the kimchi
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp miso

Method

Cook the rice until it's done, cool it down, and set to side.

Make the sauce by mixing the ingredients. I had a flavoured chilli and lemongrass tofu with a marinade, so it was handy to use the marinade in the sauce. The sauce should be about 0,5 cup in volume, so you can add some water, if it's less. Taste and add more sesame oil or soy sauce, if needed.

Chop the tofu into cubes and fry them in hot oil until they are crispy and golden brown. Set them to side.

Chop the pepper, carrots, onion, garlic, chilli and ginger. Fry them in oil, first the pepper, carrots and oniong, then adding everything else, including the kimchi, after a few minutes. Set it to side.

Fry the cooled brown rice in oil in a hot pan for a few minutes.

Add all the components that you set to side and the sauce. Mix it all together and make sure that everything is heated through.

Then serve and enjoy!



Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.