8 May 2021

In my kitchen in May

And then it was May… The weather is still very interchangeable here, but they are forecasting some warmth for next week. I just hope that the spring doesn’t go over to summer too fast. But first, let’s have a peek to my spring kitchen.

I have a pair of new ceramic bowls and I love them. I got them at the local market and I’m looking forward to buying other colours and sizes as well. And what’s better to be eaten from a bowl than a quality artisanal and organic spaghettone with homemade wild garlic pesto!




We had some small first of May celebrations at home, as it’s usually quite a big celebration in Finland. I made vegan potato salad, vegan wieners and a roasted red pepper, chipotle and cheese roulade. We washed the whole thing down with pink prosecco.




This is steamed white asparagus with sous-vide carrots (nice new product from the shop, as I don’t have a water bath), Emmental-white wine sauce, roast potatoes and vegan nuggets.




There is a nice new climate-friendly vegan range, Frankful. They have different products from sauces to tortilla wraps and veggie mince, just to name a few. I tried their veggie mince and made loaded nachos with it. It was really nice. Their tortilla wraps are also excellent.




Here is pasta with amazing huge spinach arancini from an Italian shop.




I’ve also been making my own pasta a few times lately. It’s so rewarding and relaxing to make. This is a pappardelle dish with olives and roasted tomatoes.



I love this tomato soup from the market. It can be a life-saver for working from home lunches.



These chipotle and jalapeno tins are so practical for all kinds of spicy cooking. They are cheap, qualitative and last for a long time.



As always, I’m sharing this post with Sherry from the Sherry’s Pickings blog, who is the host of the In My Kitchen event.



Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Your VegHog

 

12 comments:

  1. Some delicious looking grub there! Your spaghettini looks fab, particularly in your fancy bowls. Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Belinda! I really like those bowls.

      Delete
  2. That all looks good. I’m amused by the arancini package with the copy of “Rosie the Riveter” from World War II.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the arancini character really is that style!

      Delete
  3. thank you for joining in, veg hog. love your new bowls. they are so gorgeous. and your hedgehog tablecloth is wonderful too. have a great May.
    cheers
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting again Sherry! I love the new bowls too, they are getting a lot of use.

      Delete
  4. I had to laugh at that giant pyramid shaped arancini, and the packaging is a delight. Love your new bowls, bowls are a weakness for me. I am sure they make food taste better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, I also laughed out loud when I opened the arancini packet! So funny.

      Delete
  5. Lots of good food - love the new bowls! I loved cocktail frankfurts as a kid - never seen a vegan version but these look like them. You make home made pasta sound easy - I constantly intend to but get intimidated! Lots of nice purchases - that arancini would tempt me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the first vegan cocktail sausages I've seen too. It's quite traditional to eat them on 1st May in Finland so I got them for the occasion. There are better veggie sausages out there, but they were nice enough.

      Delete
  6. Lots of interesting things in your kitchen! I particularly love that pair of bowls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I want to get more of those bowls. They are so nice.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.