26 July 2015

Tomato cordial cocktail


A week ago on Sunday I declared the upcoming week to a tomato themed week on my blog. I have utterly enjoyed eating tomatoes, cooking tomatoes and even drinking tomatoes (the drinking part comes today in the form of a tomato cordial cocktail) during The VegHog's Tomato Festival, and of course writing about the recipes and taking photos. I hope that you have also liked my posts during this week. I must say that I'm still not sick of tomatoes at the end of this, amazing! 
 


So, now to the final tomato post in this series. This unusual cocktail idea was inspired by the vibrant tomato cordial made by The Tomato Stall, which I recently purchased. The products from The Tomato Stall have come up a few times during the week, but it's just because I happen to like them. This is not a collaboration in any way. 

I used these ingredients for my cocktail:

Tomato cordial
Sparkling water
Gin
Fresh basil
Tomatoes


I more or less poured the ingredients into a jug based on a gut feeling. The end result was very tasty and interesting. It was very refreshing and perfect for a summer's day.



Have fun!

Your VegHog

4 comments:

  1. Fresh and delightful. Okay I know I am a little late, but here is a post linking to your Tomato Festival Week.. I have enjoyed your tomato recipes and very intrigued by the Tomato Stall ingredients, wish I could try some. http://allotment2kitchen.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/handful-of-green-and-red-tomato-recipes.html
    Thanks for hosting and sharing. Happy Tomato Growing and harvesting and eating - the best part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for participating in the Tomato Festival! I'm sure we'll get our own tomato crops soon.

      Delete
  2. that drink looks so beautiful - it sounds like an interesting and refreshing drink - is it sweet or more on the dry side? I am missing nice fresh tomatoes though it i not so much the weather for them here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Johanna! The drink on the whole was kind of medium dry, as the cordial was more on the sweet side, but the gin balanced it out well and basil added a lovely fragrant flavour to it.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.