19 May 2017

Golden Thai curry


I recently ate a golden curry at a local Thai restaurant, and instantly fell in love with the dish. It was so good, containing different veggies, tofu and spicy coconut milk broth, just wonderful! I've previously only had green and red Thai curries, and obviously love them, but this was one step up.

Therefore I wanted to try to make a golden Thai curry myself, and I must say that my own one was almost better than the one in the restaurant! Well, that may not be true, but I'm sure that this recipe will become a household favourite of ours. I thought that the crinkle cut butternut squash chips also added a nice touch. I so want a crinkle cutter now to make all vegetables that shape! 


Golden Thai curry

Ingredients

Golden curry paste

2 lemongrass stalks
2 cm fresh ginger
3 garlic cloves
2 red chillies
1 lime's juice
1 tbsp white miso
1 tbsp tomato purée
2 tsp palm sugar
1 tsp white pepper
½ tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp ground turmeric
½ tsp ground cinnamon
3 tbsp vegetable stock

Other ingredients

280 g tofu
300 g crinkle cut butternut chips
2 carrots
1 large onion
Vegetable oil
400 ml coconut milk
1 cup jasmine rice

Method

Make the golden curry paste by puréeing all paste ingredients together into a smooth paste.

Cut the tofu into generous chunks and fry them in vegetable oil until golden brown and firm on the outside.

Cut the carrots into about 2 cm long sticks and coarsely chop the onion.

Cook the onion in vegetable oil until softened, then add the carrots to the pan, and after a while the curry paste.

Cook for a couple of minutes, add the coconut milk and let simmer until the flavours have blended nicely.

Bake the butternut squash chips in the oven until done and add them to the curry.

Cook the jasmine rice and serve together with the curry and enjoy!



I want to share this dish with Jacqueline's cooking challenge Meat Free Mondays for the National Vegetarian Week.


Your VegHog

11 comments:

  1. Mmm, this looks delicious. I love the addition of the crinkle-cut squash chips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, the chips were quite fun in there. :)

      Delete
  2. That looks super tasty and comforting. Thanks so much for submitting it to Meat Free Mondays. I loved it so much I featured it this week. The roundup is now live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jacqueline for the compliment! It's so cool to be featuring! :)

      Delete
  3. Your curry paste recipe looks amazing!! I am definitely trying it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison! Let me know what you think about it once you've tried!

      Delete
  4. I love the golden hues of this curry and I too now want a crinkle cutter for chips - how cool would that be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already found some crinkle cutters online and they weren't expensive at all. I'll have to buy one after my move!

      Delete
  5. Quicker strategies together with skillful strategies have made the instrument a to a great degree prevalently utilized device in driving eateries. chinese buffet pensacola fl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.