31 October 2017

Halloween in Tivoli Gardens


Tivoli is a world renowned amusement park right at the centre of Copenhagen. We went to the gardens this weekend when my brother was visiting us with his family. I hadn't been there before, but now it was nice to go, when there was actually a child with us. I took some non-scary rides with my nephew and we had great fun.

The whole Tivoli area has now been decorated in such a wonderful way for the Halloween season. There are pumpkins and spooky characters everywhere. The day was bitterly cold and windy when we were there, but seeing the lights and nice decorations warmed my heart at least a little bit.

There was also a largest pumpkin competition, which was won by this very proud 485,4 kg pumpkin, amazing! I don't know how they transported these vegetables there!

Here are some photos I took that day, I hope you enjoy. And happy Halloween everyone!










6 comments:

  1. Amazing - not a word I use lightly. I am so envious, yet happy for you too in that you can share your days with us. Happy Halloween VegHog to you and yours.

    PS EatYourGreens will be up tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite nice to have such seasonal decorations. Tivoli is a great place to escape into from the busy city centre.

      Delete
  2. Wow that looks like lots of fun - and a great way to spend time with nephews - you must be such a fun aunt to visit. I am struggling to get my head around the largest pumpkin - need a regular pumpkin next to it - it would look like a grape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We laughed a lot, but sometimes I think I found the rides more amusing than my nephew... and indeed those giant pumpkins were incredible.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.