11 October 2019

Mushroom and Emmental sandwiches


I'm on my autumn holiday and having a great time. We already went on a small city break to Norway's capital Oslo earlier this week and saw the magnificent fjords again. Now I'm just taking it easy at home in Copenhagen and will attend a culture night event tonight. That is one of my favourite events of the year, when museums and other public buildings that may not be accessible otherwise open their doors for the public and have different events. Our first stop will be a railway control tower with a great view over Copenhagen and a champagne bar on the top. We should be there just on time for the sunset.

Some of my family members will also come over for a visit tomorrow and stay a few days with us, so I'm also shopping food and planning what to cook for them. Any ideas for 4 adults and one kid? The weather hasn't been the greatest, it's raining a bit again, but I'm still happy to have whole two weeks off work, enjoy the autumn scenery and spend time with family.

What could be a better way to start the day than with crispy and cheesy mushroom and Emmental sandwiches. I could eat this sort of sandwiches at any time of the day, and I often do. Now in the autumn it's so nice to use different seasonal mushrooms in the cooking, and the combination of mushrooms and Emmental cheese is just perfect. Here is my simple recipe for these sandwiches.

Mushroom and Emmental sandwiches

Ingredients

2 breads, rolls or baguettes
200 g closed cup mushrooms
2 garlic cloves
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
Fresh thyme to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
100 g grated Emmental cheese

Method

Slice the mushrooms and chop the garlic finely. Cook them in olive oil and season with salt, ground black pepper and fresh thyme.

Cut the breads in halves and brush a little olive oil on the cut sides. Place the mushrooms and cheese on them. Bake at 180C for about 15 minutes.

Enjoy!





Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.