26 July 2020

Spaghetti with heirloom tomatoes and homemade cheesy garlic bread


How is your Sunday going? I hope you’ve all had a relaxing weekend. I will be going for a walk later, do some grocery shopping for next week and cook a Sunday dinner, no other plans for today. It’s a bit cloudy today, but that’s fine for a walk, at least it’s not too hot.

Here is a dish of spaghetti with fried heirloom tomatoes and mozzarella and homemade Cheddar and garlic breads. I got the fresh pasta from a local restaurant, Il Mattarello, in the covered market. They make excellent organic fresh pasta and you can even buy it to go!

As the pasta was such a quality product, I kept the rest of the dish simple. I got some really nice heirloom tomatoes from the market too, and just fried them in olive oil with some garlic, salt and pepper and added mozzarella on top. On the side I served garlic bread made from homemade rolls with some added Cheddar. This was a really nice and pleasing combination, really a favourite dish of mine.




Have a nice Sunday everyone!

Your VegHog



3 comments:

  1. Those cheesy garlic toasts sound delicious and I would love some of that spaghetti. I had a nice bike ride today - there is a worrying lack of rain lately but it is good for bike riding. Hope you have a nice relaxing Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheesy garlic toasts look delicious and look at those heirloom tomatoes, wonderful. Hope your keeping well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum i love garlic bread! one of the nicest i've ever had was cheesy and had prawns on top. soooo good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.