5 October 2014

Pasta with walnuts and roasted courgettes


Happy Sunday everyone! I hope, you've had a brilliant weekend. I had a good pub night on Friday and visited friends yesterday. Today just chilling is planned, and then I'm ready for next week.

Today's autumn pasta recipe consists of walnuts and roasted courgettes with chilli and cheese. I really do like this combination. I added a slight twist to the dish by putting some freshly sprouted alfalfa on the pasta before serving. It added a nice fresh and peppery taste. I'm almost constantly sprouting, and try to use the sprouts sometimes in other dishes than salads. Do you have any good tips for sprout usage, my dear readers?

Here are the ingredients and the method to make this easy pasta, which is very suitable as a weekday meal.

Ingredients

Fusilli pasta
2 medium courgettes
Olive oil
2 garlic cloves
100 g walnuts
50 g emmental
Chilli flakes
Salt
Ground black pepper
Alfalfa





Method

Cut the courgettes into cubes. Brush them with olive oil and roast in the oven. It's best to finish this phase before you start the other preparations, as the other parts cook quickly while the pasta is boiling. This is quite a fast dish to make, therefore a perfect weekday pasta!

Crush the walnuts a little bit smaller and toast them in the oven.

Chop the garlic cloves finely and cook them in olive oil. Then add the chilli flakes, roasted courgettes, walnuts, grated emmental, salt and pepper. Season to taste. I'm not so fond of too spicy foods, so I go quite easy on the chilli, but it's nice to have some. Salt is my bane and I usually use a bit too much. Just taste the mix, when the spicing is right for you.

Boil the pasta in salt water al dente.

Add couple of tablespoons of the pasta boiling water to the walnut mix.

Serve everything together with the alfalfa and enjoy! It couldn't be much easier!


Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. You know, I've never tried pasta with walnuts. But I can imagine how delicious it must be!

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nuts are pretty great with pasta. Give it a go!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.