14 February 2017

Vegan Valentine


Will you be my vegan Valentine? Haha, I'm just having a bit of fun, I'm not really one for Valentine's Day. In Finland it's known as friends' day, Ystävänpäivä, which I find somewhat better. So I want to wish all my readers a very happy friends' day!

Somehow the season gripped me anyway, and I made some “romantic” lunchboxes for my partner and me containing beetroot coloured onigiri hearts made from sushi rice and some fresh vegetables and a spicy chilli-soy-sesameoil-dip. It was all presented in the style of a bento box. I cooked the sushi rice with a few beetroot bits in the pot in order to colour it red. I also added a umeboshi paste centre to the hearts, just a little bit, in order to have a spicy zing inside.

How are you spending Valentine's Day? Do you have any food traditions for it?




Your VegHog

4 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day!!
    This is so cute and colorful (& healthy). :9
    I am spending it in my husband's psychology class at this moment! His professor was my professor seven years ago!

    ❀ VEGETARIAN COURTESY ❀ FACEBOOK ❀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Valentine's Day to you too, belated though! That sounds quite cool with the psychology class.

      Delete
  2. I like friends day - that is a nice tradition! And that beetroot hearts make the lunch look really pretty - we had a low key day - I made some cupcakes and will share them soon I hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased to get a few friends' day messages. Cupcakes are always nice, looking forward to seeing your new creations.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.