19 February 2017

Rice and soya pasties


Here is a quick veggie pasty post before I start preparing tonight's dinner. I love slow cooking on a Sunday and spend quite a few hours in the kitchen. I stream either a TV programme or listen to music while I'm at it. I often also have a few sips of refreshing cider and try not to think of the approaching Monday. So today I'm going to make the same dish again that I posted a few weeks back, Braised cauliflower, roast potatoes and beurre blanc. I liked it so much, it's rich and comforting, which makes it perfect for a winter Sunday dinner.

But now to the pasties. Veggie pasties are very tasty and perfect snacks for any occasion. This time I chose a rice, soya mince and carrot mix as the filling. I used a purple carrot, an orange carrot and red camargue rice, which made the filling quite vibrant and interesting looking. These pasties were tasty too and I will soon make some more. 


4 large rice and soya pasties

Ingredients

1/3 cup red camargue rice
1/3 cup dried soya mince
1 onion
2 carrots
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp liquid smoke
320 g puff pastry

Method

Cook the rice and soya mince separately in water.

Chop the onion, carrot and garlic finely and cook them in olive oil.

Season the mix after the rice and soya mince have also been mixed in.

Wrap the filling in puff pastry pockets and bake at 200 C for about 20 minutes.

Enjoy!


Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. I had soya mince and rice stuffed peppers today for dinner, these looks nice !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good combination. Actually that reminds me that I should make some stuffed peppers soon. I have this bag of dried soya mince approaching its best before date, so I need all the inspiration that I can get. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.