8 July 2018

In My Kitchen in July

It's July, and I will soon have my holiday! I'm so excited to go home to Finland and have some time to chill. But first I'm enjoying the Danish summer in Copenhagen, and what a good one it has been! We've been to public football viewings and had many walks in the parks. There is currently also a jazz festival ongoing, and live performances are taking place all over town. There is a nice atmosphere everywhere.

Let's have a little look what's been happening in my kitchen. I've been cooking a lot of light summer food, as it's too hot to put the oven on, or spend a long time in the kitchen. Here are some of my recent vegetarian dishes.

Mac'n'cheese with mushroom sauce, peas and rocket


Mac'n'cheese with a hot chilli sauce made by my partner


Fried new potatoes and onions with halloumi and corn cobs



Pasta dishes with tomatoes and mozzarella



Of course I've been buying nice vegetables in the market again, like these heirloom tomatoes and mini aubergines.



I have a new banana chilli plant and a giant basil growing on my windowsill. The chilli is doing well, and the basil has already provided us with plenty of leaves. 



Then to some sweet stuff. This Super Fudgio hazelnut-cocoa spread is fully vegan and so tasty.



I recently bought these caramel and chocolate panna cotta. They were really tasty desserts coming in sustainable glasses.


I've started using more oat milk with my coffee again, and my current favourite is iKaffe by Oatly, which can also be foamed.


I'm sharing this post with Sherry from Sherry's Pickings, who is hosting the In My Kitchen event.


Have a nice Sunday and rest of July!

Your VegHog

9 comments:

  1. your pasta dishes all look delicious, especially with the extra bit of greenery or what appear to be fresh peas. The photo of the baby eggplants is also cute. Enjoy your visit home!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like lots of nice dishes - pasta is so good for hot days - and your basil plant looks perfect for some basil. The name super fudgio is very cute. Enjoy your trip home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops I mean basil is so good for pasta

      Delete
    2. Thank you Johanna! I will be eating more pasta in Finland, as it's going to be hot there as well. :)

      Delete
  3. those are the cutest little eggplants! and the tomato is amazing. love your fried potatoes and the moomintroll mug. thanks for joining in IMK this month. cheers sherry and have a great month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry, have a nice July as well!

      Delete
  4. Your kitchen features some good summer food.
    I rarely see little aubergines in the UK, so adore them. Enjoy your trip home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.