24 September 2017

Quesadillas with pinto beans in tomato sauce


I'm now in a situation that I've cooked a couple of dishes a week or two ago, but not posted them yet. Of course I didn't take notes of the recipes while I was cooking, and now need to think really hard what went into them. These quesadillas are one of those dishes, but I think I remembered now pretty well how I made them, as the sauce inside was just one of my basics. I try to catch up with the other recipes as soon as possible, before I fully forget them!

I'm on holiday now and will be heading to Finland next week. I'm very much looking forward to this small autumn break at home. Let's hope that I'll have a little bit of time to catch up with posting as well.

And now to these quasadillas that were very much inspired by a local taco place that makes such lovely veggie quesadillas. They have brilliant salsas too. Instead of making my own salsas, I used these two new salsas that I recently detected in the shop. I got a tomatillo and a chipotle one, and can't decide which one is better. I also adore these pinto beans, which I decided to use as the main protein in this dish.



Quesadillas with pinto beans in tomato sauce

Ingredients

1 cup dried pinto beans
1 can plum tomatoes
1 fresh onion
2 garlic cloves
2 red chillies
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 lime
Grated cheese
Tortilla wraps
Salsas

Method

Soak the pinto beans overnight and then cook in water until done.

Chop the onion, garlic and chilli finely and cook them in oil until soft. Add the tinned tomatoes into the saucepan and let simmer and reduce.

Season the sauce, and also add the beans to the sauce once they have been cooked.

Fill the tortilla wraps with the bean-tomato mix and cheese and bake in the oven until the cheese has melted.

Serve with fresh lime and salsas and enjoy!



Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. They look really lovely - I've never baked quesadillas in the oven - only ever fried them but I think I need to try it - enjoy your holiday (and dredging your memory :-) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Johanna! I baked these mainly out of laziness, but it was quite a convenient way of making them. Have a nice week!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.