9 September 2017

Light vegan lunch and weekend plans


It's going to be a rainy weekend here, which means that it will be a Nordic Noir binge watching night on the sofa tonight. First however I would like to visit a couple of museums and the vegetable market to buy some nice stuff to cook for dinner tonight. I'm thinking of fennel and potatoes and perhaps some kohlrabi. Maybe it'll be a white vegetable night. Nordic Noir and white vegetables, what a contrast!

I'm not sure about tomorrow yet. Maybe we'll go to Ikea, as some book shelves are still needed for our apartment. Today I just want to relax and maybe walk around in town a bit. It's not raining at the moment, but it is looking quite cloudy, and the forecast isn't too good, so we'll see. As a good student, I also need to do my Danish homework tomorrow. The classes have been great fun so far, and I'm starting to get the hang of it. We have a nice group of learners from all over the world, which makes it quite interesting.

This lunch was just one of my typical assemblies that don't require that much work. I roasted the aubergine and carrots, and had some tomatoes, pomegranate seeds and crackers with them and hummus. That's olive hummus, which I quite prefer at the moment.

What about you, what will you be up to this weekend? Whatever you do, I hope you'll have nice time!

Your VegHog

4 comments:

  1. You sound very busy settling in still and this looks like a nice meal to keep you going. I am curious to know which Nordic Noir you watched and if you recommend it - we have enjoyed some but I am not keen on some of the gory murders. We had a quietish weekend and still didn't get enough done around the house but it was nice to do some baking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Nordic Noir that I watch tend to be more the gory muder ones... The one we've been watching now is a Finnish series called Bordertown from the border between Finland and Russia. It was quite gripping and they are currently filming season 2, so there is more coming.

      Delete
  2. Been busy at work so forgive me for the delay in responding, I am into Nordic Noir and have been addicted since watching The Killing - British drama had gone downhill, but it is picking up again. By the way are you working or are you studying in Denmark - either way, I am happy for you, just being nosy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all good, I'm also pretty busy here and so annoyed that I never manage to comment enough! I love The Killing, but from the British ones I really like the Welsh Hinterland and Shetland. I hope those will continue and that I can watch them here. I work here, wouldn't mind going back to the uni after over ten years, as I love studying. But working is kind of fine as well. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.