30 September 2017

Eat Your Greens September Round Up


Here we go with the September Eat Your Greens Round Up. September seemed to be a quiet month for green cooking, but here are a couple of entries. I still keep seeing wonderful greens in the vegetable market, so I'm sure that this autumn will be quite green.

Now to the recipes.

Shaheen, my Eat Your Greens co-host from Allotment 2 Kitchen blog, shared a Lemon Marrow Conserve Jam Jelly. This is a very creative jelly, and a great use for some excess marrows, especially if you grow them yourself. The conserve contains plenty of lemon, which is a wonderful flavour combination with the marrow. I would be very curious to taste this jam, as it's such a great seasonal idea.


My own contribution was a pea and courgette rice, which also contained many other veggies like corn and carrots. In this dish I still mainly used the summer vegetables, but in a more comforting bowl. Now my favourites the fresh peas are slowly disappearing, so I have reverted to more autumnal vegetables and mushrooms in my other cooking.


Shaheen will be hosting Eat Your Greens again next month, so head over to her blog to take part! Have a nice October!

Your VegHog

6 comments:

  1. https://humblelentil.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/hail-kale.html

    Came across these lovely button-hole kale. Lovely! Proper recipe next month 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wanted to join in but also wanted to share a dish with enough green in it and never got round to posting it so it might have to wait until October - scary that it is just on the doorstep - your round up has such lovely photos of the featured food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there's always October for further posts. Everyone seems to have been rather busy in September, including me. Looking forward to the October posts.

      Delete
  3. Thank you very much for hosting VegHog, I think the weather has been changeable and lot of people have also been enjoying the last of the red berries and fruit, and the greens have tended to be sides mostly - fingers crossed next month we have a few more recipes to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there will be more again next month, and this season is still kind of a mix of summer and autumn veg. In October it should be getting more to that comforting greens direction.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.