16 December 2017

Veggie sausage pasties


It has been another hectic week here and Christmas is approaching almost too fast. I'm going home for Christmas, but need to get all the presents sorted before I leave. I also want to decorate our apartment here in Copenhagen more, so I think that we'll buy a small Christmas tree today.

These open and closed veggie sausage pasties could be something for Christmas. I played around a little bit with my hedgehog cookie cutter, and this was the result. I think that these would also look nice made with Christmas cookie cutters like stars. We scoffed these cheesy sausage rolls away in no time, they were so tasty.

Ingredients

1 onion
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
4 vegetarian sausages
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp sea salt
80 g grated cheese
200 g puff pastry
1 egg

Method

Chop the onion and garlic finely and cook them in rapeseed oil until soft. Add the cut vegetarian sausages and seasoning. Also mix the cheese in.

Prepare the puff pastry. Roll it out thinly and cut rectangular pieces from it, and corresponding lids with holes made with a cookie cutter. You can use the pieces that were cut off as decorations for some closed pasties.

Put some sausage filling on each bottom bit of the pastry and close the lids with a fork. Brush the pasties with a beaten egg.

Bake them at 200 C for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown.

Enjoy hot or cold, both variations are good.



Have a lovely weekend!

Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. Must be the cold weather that makes me crave pastry. Your pies look delicious, I baked some simple cheese straws today for Saturday treat . Have a nice Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm cheese straws are also a very good idea! Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.