30 March 2019

Pasta Bolognese


Today is a really nice and sunny spring weather, and it should get up to +16 C degrees, so what could be better. Also my favourite outdoor street food market opened yesterday for the 2019 season, and of course I will have to pay them a visit. During the winter break I missed the atmosphere and the best falafel in the world so much. The hummus in one of the places is just perfection. The food market is located on an island by the water in Copenhagen harbour, so it's a very nice place to spend a relaxing Saturday. I soon want to write a blog post about the place, so please bear with me.

Now first of all, I want to share an easy recipe with you. Vegetarian Pasta Bolognese is suitable for both weekdays and weekends, and I've found myself craving for it often lately. I think I have found my favourite among the plantbased minces now. It's this product by Naturli made from peas and wheat gluten. 80% of the peas come from Denmark. They have just now rebranded it from Fars to Hakket, so my packet on the picture is still with the old name. Nevertheless the nice product inside has stayed the same.

Here is my pasta Bolognese recipe, which is also easy to veganise. My dish is otherwise vegan, I just added some cheese on the top.


Pasta Bolognese

Ingredients

400 g vegan mince
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 onions
3 garlic cloves
2 carrots
1 can tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato purée
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp vegetable stock powder
1 glass red wine
Pasta of your choice
Grated cheese

Method

Chop the onions, garlic and carrot finely and start cooking them in the oil.

Once they are softened, add the vegan mince to the mix and fry for a while.

Then add the seasoning, the tinned tomatoes and the red wine.

Let simmer under lid once the flavours have blended nicely.

Cook the pasta and serve it with the sauce.





Have a nice weekend!

Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely your pasta bolognese, I have seen some new the plantbased minces in the U, but am a little uncertain about them as they don't look appealing, but I am being a bit judgemental so may give one a go. Its nice spring like weather here today so after much lunch I am going to potter in the garden, make the most of it while it lasts. Have a good w/e too and look forward to reading about the food market place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was also reluctant to try these minces first, but they are really handy and actually reasonable priced over here. I'm sure you had a nice day in the garden yesterday. Even here it was very warm. By the way, my post about the street food market is up today. Have a nice Sunday! :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.