1 March 2014

Zucchini and feta pancakes


The Pancake Day is around the corner, and I would suggest you to try my savoury pancake creation. These pancakes consist of zucchini and feta with a hint of mint, and I found them quite good. I know that most people probably prefer sweet pancakes, but they might not realise how nice savoury ones can be as well. I haven't made any sweet pancakes in ages, so I thought this would do as my Pancake Day contribution.


Here's how to make The VegHog's Zucchini and Feta pancakes.

Ingredients

1 zucchini
1 large vine tomato
100g Greek feta
8 mint leaves
½tsp salt
½tsp chilli flakes
110g self-raising flour
1tbsp baking powder
150ml milk
2 eggs
50g butter
Olive oil for frying

Method

Grate the zucchini and the peel and purée the tomato. Crumble the feta with your hands into small pieces. Melt the butter in a small pan.

Make the batter by whisking the milk, eggs, melted butter, baking powder and flour together. Season it with salt, chilli flakes and mint leaves (those you can chop up a little). Then add the tomato purée, grated zucchini and crumbled feta and mix into an even pancake batter.

Heat olive oil in a frying pan and fry the pancakes on both sides until golden brown with slightly crispy edges.


Serves well as a breakfast or a snack in between. Enjoy!

Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.