1 August 2015

Flammkuchen


Vegetarian Flammkuchen is one of my favourite dishes ever and I occasionally make it. Flammkuchen comes from the Alsace region and is a classic dish there. I especially like the leek variation. I have published a very similar recipe before under the name Leek Flame Cake, but now I thought that I would make it again and share with the Eat Your Greens challenge, the leeks of course being the greens here. Shaheen from A2K - A Seasonal Veg Table blog hosts this monthly vegetarian cooking challenge, and since it's already August, new entries can be added. Have a look at the links and participate as well, if you are a blogger! 


Now to my recipe that makes two Flammkuchen.

The dough:

250 g self-rising flour
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp salt
100 ml water

The filling:

2 leeks
1 onion
1 garlic clove
Fresh basil leaves
6 tbsp crème fraîche
50 g grated Jarlsberg
50 g grated mozzarella
Ground black pepper
Salt


Method:

Mix the dough ingredients together, knead and roll the dough out thinly.

Slice the leeks and chop the garlic finely.

Spread some crème fraîche onto the rolled out dough. Then put the leeks, garlic, fresh basil grated cheeses, black pepper and salt on the top.

Bake at 250C for about 10 minutes and for the last couple of minutes you can use the grill setting in order to get some more flaming marks.

So simple and tasty, enjoy!


Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. I know can't believe its August already and your so on the ball with your entry of #EatYourGreens, I love this recipe for lots of reasons, its comforitng with the cheese, its pizza like and most of all - its got leeks, this Welsh girl likes leeks. Thumbs up. The round up from last month will be up later, I was hoping today - but it will be tomorrow for sure. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shaheen! It was good to start the month with Eat Your Greens. Have a good weekend too!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.