17 August 2015

Back to work


Every nice holiday goes to an end at some point, so did also mine. Today was my first day back at work, and I actually found it alright. However yesterday, when I planned my packed breakfast/lunch, I wanted to make sure that I have nice and comforting food with me to make the transition to the normal rhythm easier.

For breakfast I took some fresh raspberries and blueberries and a pretzel roll with my favourite cheese Oltermanni with me. I absolutely adore pretzel rolls and it's about time to make some myself again! I enjoyed the breakfast with pineapple juice with a hint of lime (that stuff can wake up/refresh anyone) and of course a mandatory cup of coffee.



As lunch I had the left-overs from my Sunday lunch, a vegetarian pasta bolognese. A similar recipe can be found here, only this time I used dried soya mince to make the sauce. Then of course I had my water bottle with me to be re-filled throughout the day. 


This food gave me quite a nice boost for the day, but I'm afraid that I'll have to go with lighter meals soon. We'll see. Would you be interested in occasionally seeing my packed lunches here on the blog, as I tend to take one with me every day?

Have a great week, and there will be a couple Finland themed posts yet to come, once I get them written.

Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. Would love to see the packed lunches! In need of some more ideas. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you for your comment! I will occasionally try to post my lunch box contents here. Main part of them is normally whatever I cooked the previous night for dinner.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.