2 August 2015

Raspberry Eton Mess


Guess what? I'm leaving to Finland today! I'm so happy about the start of my summer holiday and I will post something from there for sure. I don't have many plans for the trip, only to eat well and relax. So here's a post to get into the holiday mood.

I too rarely make desserts. I just love savoury food so much that I mostly even forget about sweet dishes. However my partner has a bit of a sweet tooth and always appreciates little cakes or desserts. So now I made this raspberry Eton Mess from the lovely new season raspberries. It was very yummy I must say and doesn't require much preparation. I served the raspberries in two consistencies, as fresh and whole and as a cooked sauce.

Ingredients

300 ml double cream
2 tbsp sugar
400 g raspberries
6 small meringue nests


Method

Add one tablespoon of sugar to the double cream and whip it into whipped cream.

Take about a third of the raspberries and combine them with one tablespoon of sugar in a small saucepan. Gently cook the mix until the raspberries have become more liquid. Pour the sauce through a sieve in order to remove the raspberry seeds and let it cool.

Break the meringue nests into pieces. I used a half of a nest per glass.

Layer the components into serving glasses and enjoy!


Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. Very summery, and when its warm you want a easy recipe. Have a good time in Finland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm already having lots of fun.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.