20 October 2016

Roasted bell pepper and tomato baguettes


I will take this opportunity to inform you that I'm off to a small holiday tomorrow. I'm sure I can't resist posting photos to Instagram from the location, so at least there you can get some spoilers. After the holiday this blog will of course be full of holiday photos and stories. So I can also reveal that I will be going to Norway, where I haven't been since the 1980s, and never to these parts where I'm now going to. It's so exciting! This autumn break is very much needed right now.

Here is also a quick food post, fully unrelated to the holiday news. I love roasted vegetables and I love putting them on breads, especially bell peppers and tomatoes are perfect for this. Therefore I end up making veggie breads quite often.

This is how simple it can be, here are the ingredients I used this time:

  • sourdough olive baguette
  • small tomatoes roasted in olive oil
  • bell peppers roasted in olive oil
  • whipped soft cheese
  • fresh basil leaves

What goes onto your favourite bread?

Have a great weekend! 



Your VegHog

6 comments:

  1. You had me at "roasted in olive oil". <3
    Have a wonderful trip, by the way! I've always wanted to go to Norway. :D Which part are you going to?

    VEGETARIAN COURTESYFACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We'll be going to Bergen and Oslo and some other places in between, mountains, fjords, glaciers etc. :)

      Delete
  2. Simple, pretty, tasty = perfect!
    Happy holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty autumnal colours on your baguette. Have a super holiday in Norway, one of my work colleagues has family in Norway, can't remember whereabouts, but the pictures he's shown show its beauty. Look forward to reading about your break when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shaheen! We had great time, came back late yesterday, so photos will slowly follow here on the blog. The landscapes were so amazing there!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.