28 March 2015

Glamorgan sausages with potato mash and salad


When my partner made a humble request that I should cook Glamorgan sausages again, I was surprised, not because he requested them, but because I became aware that I hadn't made them for a long while. I love these breaded Welsh leek and cheese sausages and should make them much more often. Anyway I was instantly ready to make some and planned a simple dish around them. I though they would be good in a rustic combination with potato mash and some side salad.


So I just made a smooth buttery potato mash on the side from lovely English potatoes. To add some freshness to the dish, I chopped tomatoes and a small shallot and seasoned them with salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice. My salad was extremely simple, just some mixed leaves on the side.

You can find my Glamorgan sausage recipe here and I followed this same recipe again. They become so wonderfully crispy in the oven, yet still had a fluffy and tasty inside. The six chunky sausages also disappeared pretty quickly.



What would you serve the Glamorgans with?

Your VegHog

8 comments:

  1. that is a recipe I always mean to make so thanks for the reminder! love your photographs of the sausage - looks like a great meal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you really need to make these, they are so lovely veggie sausages. I needed some reminding too to make them again. :)
      I would also recommend reading Felicity Cloake's article on the perfect Glamorgan sausages to which I linked on my post with the recipe.

      Delete
  2. What a perfect request! The buttery potato mash makes such a delicious side with this.

    Vegetarian Courtesy

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a Welshie, I love home-made Glamorgan sausages, though I have to admit it been a little while since I have made some. Your crispy exterior has me hankering for some now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so great. Are they often on the menu in Welsh restaurants or cafes? I would once like to try one made by someone else as well, an authentic Glamorgan sausage. :)

      Delete
  4. Yes they are on the menu of good Welsh cafes mostly in the cities. It is often served as part of the vegetarian breakfast (though not all eateries do this- subbing with other types of veggie sausages or sometimes no veg sausage at all ) :( Reason I like to make it at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shaheen! I shall keep that in mind when I'm in Wales the next time. But I should also be fine with homemade ones.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.