29 March 2015

Inside my shopping bag

I'm not sure, if this post interests anyone, but I just wanted to share with you what my typical supermarket shop for a week or so contains. I normally do a big shop on the weekend, but I might have to add some items to those during the week. As I have quite a well equipped dry cupboard with different spices, flours, pulses, pasta etc., I don't often need those items from my local supermarket. My shopping bag normally contains quite a lot of fresh vegetables and fruit, which was the case again yesterday. I also buy my regular basics like cheese, milk and yogurt weekly. Milk I mainly need for my morning coffee, sometimes for baking too. My standard weekday breakfast is Greek yogurt with berry powders, fruit, granola or flaxseed.

Here are most of the items that I bought this time, but I might have forgotten some: Bell peppers, butternut squash, continental salad onions, portobello mushrooms, mini plum tomatoes, pineapple, pomegranate seeds, shallots, garlic, potatoes, black grapes, watercress, Curiosity Cola, Orchard Pig cider, halloumi, White Fox cheddar, vegetable stock cubes, breadcrumbs, coffee, milk, eggs, Greek style yogurt and buckwheat noodles. I'm sure you will soon see dishes cooked with these ingredients on the blog.





I would be very curious seeing into your grocery shopping bags, so please share links below in the comment box, if you have posted about the subject, or just tell me about your typical buys.

Your VegHog

6 comments:

  1. This is actually a very helpful post, so thank you!
    My grocery shopping isn't as beautifully organized as yours, but I've been working on that! Hahaha
    The usual things though are tomato, onion, potatoes, spinach, cheese, and tortillas.

    Vegetarian Courtesy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are good basics, tortilla is a bit of a rarity for me, but the others I purchase almost every time. I'm glad if you found the post helpful.

      Delete
  2. who doesn't like to peek in someone else's shopping trolley! My basket often has some vegies, fruit, tins of vegies or beans, oils, milk, oats, cheese, tofu and hummus but my supermarket visits can vary - I go through phases where I do lots of little shopping trips and then other times I do a huge shopping trip..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I forgot the tofu, which is also quite a frequent purchase of mine. My visits can also vary, now I've been more just a weekend shopper. However I never have a huge shop these days, as I don't have a car and have to carry it all home, my two large bags will have to do + possibly my partner has to believe in it. :)

      Delete
  3. This is really interesting! Our staples are quinoa, oats, tinned tomatoes, coconut milk, eggs, wholemeal bread flour, cheese, beans (tinned & dried), salad, tomatoes, carrots, beetroot, peppers, onions, sweet potatoes (and then we mix the rest of the veggies up depending what's on offer/in season) and fruit 'wise: bananas, satsumas/clementines, apples, lemons and blueberries. Oh and the biggest pot I can find of Total Greek yogurt! I'm sure there's loads more though - we have a big Ocado order mid-week and then seem to do lots of little shopping trips on the weekend/after work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and I'm glad you liked the post! Your shopping sounds amazing, so much lovely fruit and veg. I thought that I might do another post about my dry cupboard stuff. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.