1 March 2015

First plantings

Sun was shining earlier today, and that inspired me to start the gardening season. In the meanwhile the weather has changed into miserable again. I had purchased a few seeds before and also got bush tomato seeds from my partner's father from his 2014 crops. Although my vines were very proud last year, I thought I'll try with a bush tomato variation again. I also made a hard decision: I won't be planting any courgettes this year. They are nice, but on the balcony they take an awful lot of space away.

Unfortunately during the winter I managed to kill my chilli plant that I've had for a few years and want to replace it with an equally successful plant. So now I planted some red demon chillies. I'm excited to see, how they'll grow. Other items on my incubation trays include: chives, sweet peppers and French breakfast radish. I will surely plant more things shortly, but really wanted to get the peppers into the ground as soon as possible to hopefully get a good crop.

I will keep you updated of the growth of my plants. Have you already been working in your garden? What is growing there?





2 comments:

  1. All of my babies died because of the cold weather too. :<
    Do share some update photos for the future, I'd love to see them!

    Vegetarian Courtesy


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that. :( I only managed to keep a couple of herbs alive, which isn't so great. If these turn out okay, there will be updates.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.