30 March 2015

Sweetcorn cakes


I haven't been baking much for Easter this year. Probably because I won't be home then and have been quite busy lately. Now I made these savoury little cakes, which I think could almost qualify as Easter baking. Have you already been making some lovely stuff for Easter?

I saw this recipe for “Maissikakut” (Sweetcorn cakes) on a Finnish recipe page. I gave it a little bit my own twist, so my version is here below. These are really easy to make and they are a great snack in between.

Makes about 12 cakes.

Ingredients

260 g / 1 can sweetcorn
1 carrot
2 continental salad onions
A bunch of fresh parsley
200 ml polenta
2 tbsp spelt flour
200 ml milk
1 tsp salt

Method

Peel the carrot and grate it.

Chop the salad onions into fine rings, also use the greens.

Mix all ingredients in a bowl, season the mix and stir it smooth.

Place the mix into muffin cases and bake at 200C for about 15-20 minutes.




Enjoy!

Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. ooh these look delicious - and cute easter cake toppers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Johanna! My left-over cake toppers from last Easter came to good use.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.