30 September 2018

Eat Your Greens September Round Up


Here comes the September Eat Your Greens round up, and it's looking good and green! I thought that there was a wonderful variety of dishes shared again with the challenge, and I would really like to try each one of them.

Helen from Roast Chicken and Country Walk blog shared a Carrot and courgette salad. The salad contained roasted local courgettes, fresh carrot, spinach, watercress, rocket and tomatoes. I especially like the fact that the courgette pieces are roasted, which is always nice in a fresh salad. This salad would go nicely on the side of so many dishes.


My Eat Your Greens co-host Shaheen from Allotment 2 Kitchen posted a vegan dish Cajun Black Eyed Peas with Summer Vegetables. The seasonal courgette is the green in this dish, and it also contains a lot of other summer vegetables like sweetcorn and peppers. It's a comforting looking spicy bowl with cajun seasoning, chilli and black eyed peas. I would happily scoff this bowl of food.


Johanna from Green Gourmet Giraffe shared a recipe for vegan Cauliflower ceviche tacos. This plate looks so beautiful, and as a fan of veggie tacos I would really want to try these. There are plenty of greens in them: green capsicum, chives, parsley, lime juice and avocado. Johanna has been taking part in Vegan MoFo, Vegan Month of Food, in September and has shared some amazing vegan creations along the way, so it's worth to have a browse in her blog.


Sharon from Not just a load of lentils blog submitted a creative Green Shakshuka recipe. This recipe has so many greens in it, it's incredible. There are leeks, celery, green beans, green capsicum, spinach, spring onion, swiss chard, mint, parsley, rocket and green olives. I've never had shakshuka, but this one looks so tempting that I will have to try to make it.


My own contribution was a recipe for Savoy cabbage roulades. I made vegan Finnish style cabbage roulades from savoy cabbage by adding black treacle on top for some sweetness. The filling was a savoury rice and lentil mix spiced with a new Cabbage Karma spice blend.


Thank you everyone so much for your tasty and healthy contributions! I look forward to seeing you in October, when Shaheen will be hosting the challenge.


Have a nice Sunday!

Your VegHog

6 comments:

  1. Some really lovely deep green recipes and welcome to Sharon, not only a new food blogger but also contributor to #eatyourgreens. Thank you to all the contributors and thank you so much for hosting. I will have the October hosting blog up and running tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to have new bloggers taking part, and it was a nice month. I'm excited to see the October entries.

      Delete
  2. lovely greens and lovely round up - now we are in spring I hope to have some more greens to share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that you are starting to get more seasonal greens. Spring is a wonderful season in the kitchen. I'm afraid that I will be posting more warming soups and stews.

      Delete
  3. I am pleased to have found this group of bloggers and look forward to taking part in Ear your green regularly, especially as spring has sprung here. I picked up my first bunch of asparagus from the market yesterday, so I guess you might see asparagus for October. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for taking part Sharon, I do hope that you become a regular at Eat Your Greens. I'm sure it's nice for you to have spring now, I'm always keen on new asparagus recipes.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.