18 December 2018

Cheese, onion and potato pie


I have been into comfort food even more than usually lately. I don't know, it must be the chilly weather and darkness. And what could be more comforting in this season than a warm cheese, onion and potato pie in shortcrust pastry? I think that offers pretty much the ultimate comfort, at least for me.

I roasted the potatoes that went into the pie, and I also slow-cooked the onions first. Then I filled the pie with them and a lot of Cheddar. Off to the oven the whole thing went, and baked until the crust was crispy and golden brown. That's the recipe in all its shortness.

I got so full after eating a couple of slices of this pie, so it should be consumed carefully. It should be fine when shared with some good friends though.



Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. We have a favourite cheese onion and potato pasty that tastes like greggs cheese and onion pasties - yours looks a bit more fancy - but I am sure it is great comfort with the cold - I am looking forward to finishing up for christmas and having some time to cook. BTW did you mean to put a face on your pie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks very delicious! Though as you say -- must be very rich and filling.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.