11 December 2018

Potato and chickpea curry with roasted purple cauliflower and naan bread


December just seems to be flying by without much time for posting. I'll try to make up for it, but can't promise anything yet.

This recipe isn't very Christmassy at all, but maybe it's nice to enjoy different kind of cuisines in December too. I happen to like such comforting vegan curries very much, so here comes another one of them. 

This time I made my curry with potatoes, carrots and chickpeas and served roasted purple cauliflower and homemade naan bread on the side. I didn't add the naan bread recipe here, but you can refer for example to this older post, as I made these pretty much the same way. So have a look below how I made the curry.

Potato and chickpea curry with roasted purple cauliflower

Ingredients

1 purple cauliflower
400 g potatoes
½ cup dried chickpeas
3 carrots
2 onions
2 garlic cloves
1 red chilli
1 cm fresh ginger
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tsp ground cumin
250 ml coconut milk
1 vegetable stock cube
2 tbsp tomato purée

Method

Soak the chickpeas overnight and then boil them in water until they are done.

Cut the cauliflower into florets, brush them with vegetable oil, salt and pepper and roast in the oven until done. I decided not to add them to the curry, because they would have coloured it weird. Of course also plain old white cauliflower can be used in this dish.

Cut the potatoes in halves or quarters depending on the size and boil them in water until they are nearly done.

Chop the onions, garlic, chilli and ginger finely and cook them in the vegetable oil until soft.

Slice the carrots and add them to the pan followed by the potatoes and chickpeas.

Then mix the garam masala and ground cumin in.

Stir for a while and add the coconut cream.

Let the curry simmer slowly and season it with vegetable stock cube and tomato purée.

Serve all components together and enjoy!




I'm sharing this recipe with My Legume Love Affair #123 edition hosted by Archana from The Mad Scientist's Kitchen. The MLLA event was started by Susan from The Well Seasoned Cook in 2008, and has been hosted by Lisa from Lisa’s Kitchen since February 2013. Check out the challenge, it's great fun to take part!


Your VegHog

4 comments:

  1. Oh lovely! Just the sort of curry I enjoy. Coconut is a special favourite of mine to add to legume dishes and I love all of the veggies in there. Thanks so much for sharing with MLLA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! I also love this kind of simple curries.

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious - I haven't done much in the way of curries lately but I almost got one at the pub yesterday and regretted not getting it. Maybe it is time to make one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only recommend! I will be making a Thai curry tomorrow, that I have already decided.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.