14 April 2020

Vegan sushi and Easter Bunny onigiri


I was delighted to see all your comments about my new kitchen, thank you so much! I’m indeed settling in slowly, finding my way in the kitchen and cooking more and even more experimental food at the moment. I have found a couple of nice supermarkets nearby that cater to all our needs, so I’m more comfortable cooking here.

I hope you all had a nice Easter and got to relax a bit. I’m sure it was different from the usual for all of us. We just enjoyed a lot of nice food, drink and long walks in the nearby forest and seaside. The weather was great and sunny throughout, although yesterday it tried to snow a little bit! I also put some Easter decorations up, as most time lately has been spent at home. I couldn’t resist these cute chocolate bunnies.


We had some fun by making slightly Easter-themed vegan sushi featuring Easter Bunny onigiri. I tried to colour some of the rice with radish peels, but they are not quite as good at colouring as beetroot. However I left the pieces in the rice creating a "David Bowie bunny onigiri". Can you see the resemblance? 

The sushi rolls were filled with marinated tofu, carrots, radish and wild garlic. It was so nice to make vegan sushi after a while. Now I have the required kitchen space to make it properly.




Have a nice week!

Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. Your bunnies are so cute and I love your David Bowie bunny. I love your plates too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Johanna! Had a lot of fun making these. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.