12 October 2013

Aubergine stacks with hummus


In September I published my simple homemade hummus recipe and today I want to give you a dish idea using that hummus. I made char-grilled aubergine stacks with hummus on a bed of salad and it became a simple but funny looking vegan dish with several veggies. I always like the mix of warm and cold in salads.

For the salad:

1 aubergine
2-3 small peppers
Mixed salad leaves
Small plum tomatoes
Vegetable oil or groundnut oil for grilling

For the hummus:

200g dried chickpeas
2 garlic cloves
1 lemon's juice
4tbsp olive oil
4tbsp water
1tsp paprika
1tsp cumin
1tsp salt

Please read the making instructions for the hummus from my previous post. You can of course also use any other hummus.

Slice the aubergine and char-grill the slices in a grill pan on both sides. Also char-grill the peppers for the salad until they get charring marks.

Place the salad ingredients on a plate and stack the aubergine on the top of the salad. Put little hummus between each aubergine slice and build a stack as high as you dare. And there you already have it.




Stay hungry!

Your VegHog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.