28 October 2013

Chili and walnut pasta


I recently bought this lovely vegetarian cookbook Alice Hart's Vegetarian. As I bought my copy in Germany mine is called Gemüse satt! This book has so many inspirational and tempting recipes. I want to try so many of them. The first recipe I tried from this book was the rigatoni pasta with chili and walnuts (p. 166-167) as a quick weekday supper. I cut a couple of corners, such as using dried thyme, and that's why mine looks a bit pale. However I can assure you that it was absolutely delicious and very easy to make. I'm certain I will make this many times more in the future.


This is my way of making this dish.

Ingredients

250g rigatoni pasta
150g walnuts
1 garlic clove
1 red chili
1tsp thyme (use fresh thyme if possible)
5tbsp vegetarian pasta cheese
Olive oil
Salt
Ground black pepper

Method

Roast the walnuts in a dry pan and chop them smaller after the roasting. Chop the chili and garlic finely and heat them in a pan with some olive oil at low heat. Grate some vegetarian pasta cheese and add it and thyme to the pan. Remove the pan from heat and add the walnuts, salt and pepper to it.

Boil the pasta until it's al dente. Add couple of tablespoons of the boiling water to the walnuts. Mix the walnut mix with the pasta and the dish is ready to be served.




Your VegHog


2 comments:

  1. Yum! Thank goodness I'm eating while reading this post, otherwise I'd be starving! ;_;

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it! It was great and so easy and quick!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.