9 February 2019

In My Kitchen in February

My kitchen hasn't been so busy in February. I've mainly cooked some basic dishes, but I've also tried some new things that I want to share with you here.

I've been eating quite a few blood oranges lately, as they are so nice and in season. They are my absolute favourite fruit. I've been mainly pressing blood orange juices, but I think that I should also make a blood orange salad soon, or even a risotto for which I recently saw a recipe. On this photo there are also some normal giant oranges that I used in a juice.


I tried these vegan Kielbasa, Polish style wheat gluten and tofu sausages, for the first time. They were really good, and I hope that I can get them again. 
 

I also bought some pea and bean based tempeh. Both were wonderful in stir fries. I don't use tempeh that often, as it's quite hard to come by.


I got this organic wheat gluten for making seitan in Sweden, and my partner has already cooked with it. He usually makes the seitan dishes in our household, but I also soon need to experiment with this.


Here are some of the dishes that I've recently cooked.

Mexican rice with black garlic




Homemade chunky oven chips



Mexican potatoes with peas, beans and sweetcorn


Lebanese dirty rice with fried halloumi



Seitan and noodle stir fry


As usual I'm sharing this post with Sherry from Sherry's Pickings blog, who is hosting the In My Kitchen challenge.
Have a good weekend all!

Your VegHog

5 comments:

  1. Your blood oranges aren't as vividly red as some that I've seen. I just love the flavor of them, and the way they come into stores at the low point of winter when even squash is getting a bit less available. Your cooking all looks very imaginative!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen blood oranges hit the market in the UK yet, will pick some up when I do. I like them v. much too. Glad you have some seitan to experiment with. The Mex dish looks particularly good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks veg hog for joining in this month. Lovely to have you. Blood oranges �� are wonderful aren’t they? So colourful so tasty. Gotta love oven baked chips! Have a great month. Cheers sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your cooking puts mine to shame - I haven't been cooking much interesting stuff lately. Your chips look excellent and I like the look of the dirty rice dish. I think we are quite spoilt for tempeh as it is easy to get in supermarkets and there is a stall selling tempeh at the farmers market so I feel bad I don't cook with it enough. And I'd love to see what you make with blood oranges as they are pretty but I am never sure how to make the most of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just catching up on the last the IMK posts. I don't know what it is about tempeh but I've never warmed to it. Love tofu, enjoy soy beans but I just can't seem to enjoy it. But, I'd happily have a double helping of those chips!

    Ps: I love blood oranges too and have quite a few recipes on my blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.