9 May 2021

Asparagus and wild garlic risotto

 

Today we are heading to a farmers’ market and I hope to find a lot of fresh veggies and other local foods there. The weather is now good after it has rained early in the morning. What are you up to this Sunday?

Before I go, I want to share this dish with you. Asparagus and wild garlic belong to spring as much as new tiny pale green leaves on trees and blossoming spring flowers after a long winter. In this risotto I have combined both asparagus and wild garlic. I steamed the green asparagus and mixed it later into the risotto. I added some wild garlic pesto and fresh wild garlic leaves on top. Otherwise it was a basic risotto with arborio rice, onion, garlic, vegan butter, dash of white wine and a nice vegetable stock. It was such a tasty meal! At the same time my new ceramic bowls are getting a lot of use.


Radishes are another spring favourite of mine. You can make plenty of fresh salads with the colourful new season radishes. What are your spring favourites?

Your VegHog


4 comments:

  1. Haven't had a risotto for ages - this looks lovely. We had mothers day this weekend just gone so lots of salads with a nice bbq.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good! It was also mothers day here, but unfortunately I could only call my mum and not see her. Maybe soon. :)

      Delete
  2. Mmm, looks delish in your fancy new bowls 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything tastes better from those bowls. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.