27 July 2018

Pineapple and halloumi salad


I'm back from my holiday in Finland, which was lovely as usual. The heatwave was there, and it's here in Copenhagen too. I'm just trying to cope with cool drinks and food at the moment, and not move around too much. I will post some photos from my holiday soon, I just need to look through them first.

Salads are pretty perfect for this weather, when you don't want to heat the kitchen up and there isn't even much appetite. So I made this pineapple and halloumi salad. I already posted a similar Pineapple salad recipe last year which was adapted from a recipe by Yotam Ottolenghi. Today's salad is again slightly different, so I'm sharing the ingredients below, but you can also visit the other links for the variations. This recipe requires the oven to go briefly on, which is of course not so optimal in this weather, but it's really worth it for the pineapple slices.


Pineapple and halloumi salad

Ingredients

½ small pineapple
¼ tsp chilli flakes
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp olive oil
250 g halloumi
Vegetable oil for frying
Mixed salad leaves
Green cabbage

Method

Pre-heat the oven to 220 C. Cut the pineapple into slices and coat them with the chilli flake, salt and olive oil mix. Bake them in the oven for about 15 minutes, and let cool after the baking.

Cut the halloumi into pieces and fry them in a pan until golden brown.

Place the mixed leaves and shredded green cabbage to a bowl, add the pineapple and halloumi and enjoy!



I'm sharing this salad with July's Eat Your Greens hosted by me and co-hosted by Shaheen from Allotment 2 Kitchen blog.


Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Your VegHog

5 comments:

  1. wow this sounds interesting but in an Aussie heatwave I would be cooking the pineapple under the grill because I really hate to turn on the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't sure about the pineapple when I read the title but had to read on because of the mention of halloumi!!
    It looks delicious and I'm sure I can now smell pineapple browning as I type this 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halloumi is just the best, isn't it! It goes very well with different fruit and berries.

      Delete
  3. This is such an interesting combination.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.