18 August 2018

Olive rolls


How has your week been? It has been another busy one for me, but luckily it's Saturday now. I haven't been at home much this week, and I feel like I haven't slept much, but now it's time to relax. The weather seems pleasant, warm but not too hot, so we will be going to town for lunch soon.

I still haven't managed to bake any lovely berry tarts or such this summer, but I've baked a lot of different kind of rolls. This is a recipe for olive rolls that are always quite popular in our household. They are easy to make and are just lovely freshly as breakfast.

Olive rolls

Ingredients

200 g wheat flour
200 g spelt flour
1 tbsp dry yeast
1-2 tsp sea salt
250 ml lukewarm water
4-5 tbsp olive oil
1 cup green olives
Sunflower seeds

Method

Mix the flours, dry yeast, water, olive oil and salt and knead to a dough.

Carefully fold the olives into the dough, and let it rise under a teatowel for about one hour.

Pre-heat the oven to 250 C.

Shape rolls from the dough, put some sunflower seeds on the top (and the bottom, if you wish), and bake for about 10-15 minutes.

Enjoy!




Your VegHog

1 comment:

  1. these look lovely - I have had a busy weekend having fun with work folk - which is an unusual one but am glad it is a quiet sunday evening - hope you have a lovely relaxing weekend

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.