1 November 2020

In my kitchen in November

In November I bring you loads of comfort food, as the weather here in Denmark is getting chillier. I’ve been cooking a lot and also trying some new food items, so here we go.

These organic dry mixes with grains and spices are excellent products. By adding some fresh vegetables, you can make nice veggie burgers and nuggets with these. I got the spicy mix and the cosy one with warming spices. They make weekday meals so easy.



I spotted a new product in the shop, oat rice. It’s just perfect more healthy and sustainable, locally produced alternative to rice. I’ve made a spicy oat risotto with it and some pasties with veggies. The oat rice will become a standard staple in my kitchen.






I got this BBQ Stout sauce a while back and have been using it as a condiment with many dishes. It is such a nice quality product.



Here are a couple of pumpkins that I carved for Halloween and some of my new herbs in the background. I also got the cutest little onion squash as a harvest from my own balcony.




This is a potato-bell pepper-tomato dish also featuring this chilli grill cheese.




I made a veggie lasagne with vegan pea mince and bell peppers. It’s always nice to have a good old veggie lasagne.



A slightly spicy mac’n’cheese with chipotle and roasted cherry tomatoes.



This dish is a super comforting gnocchi with mushrooms and a cheese fondue sauce with white wine and Emmental.



And as my curveball, I’m sharing this photo of my lovely Matt Sewell prints that I finally got framed. Technically it’s not so much of a curveball, as they are right above my dining table, basically still in the kitchen.



As always, I’m sharing this post with Sherry from Sherry’s Pickings blog, who is hosting the popular In My Kitchen event.



Your VegHog


14 comments:

  1. You really found a lot of new products this month. A mix to make veggie burgers sounds like a great idea! The commercial veggie burgers are often made with too much fat or too many artificial ingredients.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's nice to make own veggie burgers and these mixes make it very easy, as they bind the veggies together.

      Delete
  2. i love your curve ball veg hog. the oat rice sounds interesting. so they just make the oats into rice-shaped pieces i'm guessing? sort of like cauliflower rice? looks like you ate lots of comforting and tasty food of late. Thanks so much for joining us at IMK again. take care
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oat rice is just the oat kernels after the outer hull has been removed. It's very healthy and Nordic.

      Delete
  3. So much good food. I'd love to taste that oat rice. Lots of nice pasta - I love a lasagna - and cute pumpkins. I am not quite out of winter comfort food - had a really warm day on Tuesday and then back to coolish days. But hope some salads will be on the menu soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Johanna. It's quite mild here now too, so I've been eating salads as well.

      Delete
  4. I'm hungry for gnocchi now (and lasagna). Love the art work and you've reminded me I need to go rescue the two pumpkins off the front step and roast them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to be on the lookout for oat rice. I don't think I've ever seen it in the store. I love your bird pictures, birds are favorites of mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they claimed that the oat rice is an unique product in the Nordics now, but perhaps the idea will spread quickly.

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous curve ball! I love the look of that veggie lasagna, it looks nice and chunky like it would sit warm and full in one's stomach on a cold day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! The lasagne was quite a bit like in your description. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  7. Veghog, your comfort foods are at the top of my list... risotto, gnocchi, lasagna... swoon. The oat rice sounds really good. Loved your pastie pictures and beautiful art prints, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kim! Yes, it's hard to beat comfort food. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.