10 February 2018

In My Kitchen in February

Now it's time to have a look at what's been happening in my kitchen lately. It has been another busy month, and I haven't spent too much time in the kitchen, but have a few nice new items to show.

There have been plenty of blood oranges and lovely veg in my kitchen recently. It has cheered my winter up a lot! This morning I had again freshly pressed blood orange and lemon juice to start off the Saturday.




I also have a new winter-themed Moomin mug that I got from my mum for Christmas. It's nice to sip warming drinks from this one and watch the Winter Olympics. Are you also following the Olympics?


There is a cute pink pony hook on the fridge keeping my oven mittens tidy.


I just love all sorts of retro tins, so it goes without saying that I had to get this smoked paprika tin with an aviation theme. I bought it at a covered market in Sweden.


I have yet to try this white miso instant soup, but I can imagine that it's very nice and warming, and a convenient dinner on busy weekdays. I will try it very soon.


These wholemeal Spätzle (German egg noodles from Swabia) were really tasty. I had them the traditional way with fried onions and cheese. Spätzle is one of my all time favourite foods. 
 

Here are some dishes that I've cooked lately. I'm still very much cooking comfort food, as it's still winter and chilly.

The other day I made a nice and warming vegan lentil curry, which is always a good idea.


This is a classic Finnish dish: cheesy oven sausages, of course as a veggie version. Sometimes I crave these wholesome dishes of my childhood and try to make veggie versions of them. It tastes better than it looks, and it's brilliant with mashed potatoes.


I've made some warming soups, like this carrot, red lentil and potato soup. I've also eaten much more soups at work than usual. They are just perfect for this season.


I'm sharing this post with Sherry from Sherry's Pickings, who is hosting the In My Kitchen challenge.


Have a great weekend everyone!

Your VegHog

12 comments:

  1. It's definitely soup weather. Carrot-lentil-potato is a good idea.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just managed to get my IMK blog post in...phew. I do love joining in IMK and seeing what is in others peoples kitchens, including yours. So much good looking fresh produce. Love blood oranges - so jealous. Look at that aubergine! and my husband would love the turnips. I enjoy the miso soup, so i hope you like it too. Your lentil curry is making me hungry, I could do with a bowl right now.

    Have a lovely weekend VegHog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like turnips, but sometimes it's difficult to incorporate them into dishes.

      Delete
    2. I have picked some up today and intend to use them in a stew of sorts.

      Delete
  3. Love your soups - I have pumpkin the fridge and keep thinking of soup - those blood oranges are so gorgeous as is your tin and I have never seen spatzle like that - in fact I don't think I have tasted it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that the blood oranges will stick around for a while longer, they are so tasty.

      Delete
  4. those blood oranges look so pretty and they are good for you too. love your moomin mug. i always have instant miso soup in the pantry; it's great for a quick pick me up. what a pretty little paprika tin. cheers till next time. Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to try that miso soup. I think that it will be quite addictive.

      Delete
  5. I am so ready for our growing season here! That produce looks amazing and I love all those dishes---looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra! It'n nice to grow your own veg!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.