11 February 2018

Peanut and cabbage noodles


I've made these spicy peanut and cabbage noodles a couple of times, but I never seem to be able to make a pretty picture of them. Well, I will keep trying, as the dish itself is so tasty.

I made slight variations to the dish this time. I would normally add tofu as the protein, but now I had these soya chunks around, and decided to use them. They also fitted the dish very well, and also the sprouts on the top add a nice zing to it. The spicy peanut sauce itself is of course key, so make sure to taste it and balance the flavours according to your taste while you make it. It's also easy to substitute the different components, but I do think that this is a nice use of cabbage.

Peanut and cabbage noodles

Ingredients

Sauce

5 tbsp peanut butter
5 tbsp soya sauce
3 tbsp sesame oil
3 tbsp mirin
½ tsp chilli flakes

Other ingredients

½ red cabbage
1 onion
1 garlic clove
200 g soya chunks
Sesame seeds
Radish sprouts
Wholewheat noodles

Method

Mix the sauce ingredients together, and add more of any ingredient to taste.

Cook the noodles, cool them down and set to side.

Cut the cabbage into thin strips. Chop the onion into half rings and chop the garlic finely.

Fry the onion and cabbage in a pan until soft, although I like to leave a bit of crunch to the cabbage.

Add the soya chunks and garlic and fry some more.

Stir in the sauce and the noodles and heat through.

Serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and radish sprouts.

Enjoy!


Your VegHog

4 comments:

  1. I must confess I am not a huge fan of noodles, but this I would have no hesitation in tucking into - it looks really good with bold flavours and crunch from vegetables. By the way - i think these look pretty - you should be pleased with yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't always too keen on noodles, but I've grown to like them very much after a few good dishes I've had with them. And this is a quite nice combination and easy to whip up even as a cheap eat.

      Delete
  2. The food looks great and I love how you have displayed everything on those gorgeous plates. :) My daughter loves her noodles. I don't eat them too much, but have made them for her. She now cooks also. She's 14.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! That's nice that your daughter already cooks, it's a nice hobby and a skill to have.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.