22 March 2015

Cauliflower, courgette and tomato bake


Today was a really nice weather and I'm starting to feel like eating more spring vegetables and lighter dishes. Today's recipe is one of them. Although it's a bake, it uses cauliflower, courgettes and tomatoes as the main ingredients, which make it feel more like a spring dish. I also love it that I can start using my more cheerful napkins and tea towels, so exciting! I hope that the weather is good where ever you are!

And here is the recipe for my Cauliflower, courgette and tomato bake:

Ingredients

1 cauliflower
2 courgettes
200 g cherry tomatoes
1 shallot
2 garlic cloves
4 tbsp olive oil
100 g mature cheddar
100 g mozzarella
Fresh basil leaves
A sprinkle of salt and black pepper


Method

Cut the cauliflower into florets and steam them. Cut the courgettes into slices and roast them brushed with olive oil and the tomatoes with garlic.

Chop the shallot and garlic finely and cook them soft in olive oil. Season them with fresh basil leaves, salt and pepper. Add the cauliflower florets, courgettes and tomatoes into the pan and mix. Place the mix into oven dishes.

Grate the cheddar and tear the mozzarella into pieces and sprinkle them on the top of the vegetables. Bake for about 30 minutes in the oven until the cheese has melted and the top is golden brown.

I served oven potato wedges on the side, but this bake can be combined with many dishes.




I'm also sharing this recipe with #VegetablePalette, which is a monthly food blogging challenge by Shaheen from the A2K - A Seasonal Veg Table blog. The theme of the challenge for March is Simple Spring Vegetables and I think that my recipe fits this category just fine.


Your VegHog

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing with Vegetable Palette. I agree the weather is getting better, but still cold and the evenings are still dark. I am looking forward to the clock changing this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also wanted to take part in your other challenge!

      Oh, is it this weekend with the clock changing. Thanks for the info, I have been thinking that it's bound to be soon now that we even passed the spring equinox.

      Delete
  2. Brilliant recipe, absolutely amazing taste, thank you for sharing. Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made this last night with homegrown courgettes and cauliflower -----was a great hit .Thank you will be making it a lot now

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.