16 March 2015

My Cookbooks Part IV – The French Market Cookbook by Clotilde Dusoulier


Today I want to write about a nice little cookbook: The French Market Cookbook – Vegetarian Recipes from My Parisian Kitchen by Clotilde Dusoulier. Clotilde also has this nice blog, Chocolate & Zucchini, which isn't a vegetarian blog, but there are many nice and innovative vegetarian recipes as well.



The book is divided into the four seasons and the dishes are obviously seasonal, which is a very clever way to arrange a cookbook. Clotilde has a pleasant writing style and she writes a story to each recipe, including some French market flair. I find that to be a nice touch, and as a friend of French food markets, I love reading anything about them.

I adore this book especially for its wonderful spring recipes made with beautiful ingredients, some of which I have posted here on the blog, like: Very Green Salad (p. 18-19), Crunchy Lentil and Watercress Salad (p. 20-22) and Radish-Top Pasta (p. 26-28). I loved cooking all of those dishes and they were packed with good flavours. I'm sure I will regularly look into this book for ideas and good recipes.

These are my previous posts in My Cookbooks series:



 

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like an amazing cookbook. I just visited her website as well and was in awe with some of her vegetarian recipes!

    Vegetarian Courtesy


    ReplyDelete
  2. I have both Clotile cookbooks, she was one of the very first food bloggers to get a cookbook deal. I agree its a lovely cookbook, I haven't cooked from French Market, but have from Chocolate and Zucchini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you, I don't have the Chocolate and Zucchini... yet. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.