7 June 2020

Roasted new potatoes with asparagus and beurre rosé




I’m having a slow Sunday morning, but soon we’ll head for a little walk at the harbour. I don’t have any other plans for today and that’s fine.


Here’s just a little dish that could give inspiration to a seasonal vegetarian Sunday dinner. I made roasted new potatoes and steamed asparagus with beurre rosé made from rosé wine and pink peppercorns. My salad contained fresh local peas, spring onion stalks, tomatoes and feta, and I also served a vegetarian cheese Schnitzel with the dish. It was a comforting yet fresh dish full of vegetables. It’s a celebration for the good stuff that’s in season currently here in Denmark: new potatoes, asparagus and fresh peas. This dish is of course also easy to veganise by using a vegan Schnitzel and skipping or substituting the feta.


Your VegHog


2 comments:

  1. Mmm, we’ve been enjoying asparagus too and I love the look of those mini roasties!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.