9 July 2016

Swiss chard tart


Finally the weekend is here and I'm just planning to relax. Tonight we will be going to a garden party at a friend's place and tomorrow there will be plenty of cooking in preparation for the next week. Cooking is a way to relax for me, one of the best, at least if I'm not trying anything annoyingly complicating... It will be a busy week ahead and I want to prepare a few things for it already, as I'm planning to live healthily and economically during the week. I think that it will make me feel better among all the stress. But no stress now, the sun is shining here and there's a swiss chard tart. I made quite a cheesy and oniony swiss chard tart, which was very nice and summery. Here is the recipe for it.


Ingredients

250 g swiss chard
1 onion
2 garlic cloves
Olive oil
½ tsp salt
Sprinkle of ground black pepper
Fresh oregano
250 g shortcrust pastry
250 g grated cheddar

Method

Cut the swiss chard into pieces and also chop the onion into half rings and the garlic finely.

Cook the onion and garlic in a pan in olive oil for a couple of minutes and also very briefly wilt the swiss chard in the pan. Season the mix and take off heat.

Roll the pastry out and place it into a pie tin. Put the onion, garlic and swiss chard mix on top of it and cover with cheese.

Bake in the oven at 200 C for about 15 minutes until the pastry has cooked and the cheese is nicely golden brown.

Enjoy and have a great weekend everyone!


Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. I love growing swiss chard and I like eating it too. What a lovely recipe and perfect for a greyish day. Enjoy the garden party, hope the weather is better where you are as its overcast here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swiss chard is very nice, although I don't have it that often. It was sunny here, but starting to get cloudy now, it shouldn't rain though.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.