8 April 2015

Blood orange and halloumi salad

My weird experiments with blood oranges aren't over yet, as I spotted fresh ones at the supermarket again. Now I just wanted a small salad, but thanks to halloumi it turned out to be quite filling as well. This is my idea of a nice work lunch, my Blood orange and halloumi salad.


You will only need a few ingredients:

250 g halloumi
Vegetable oil for frying
2 blood oranges
1 small shallot
Fresh basil leaves

And you can make it very quickly:

Cut the halloumi into cubes and fry them in vegetable oil until golden brown.

Peel the blood orange and cut it to pieces.

Chop a shallot and basil leaves finely.

Mix it all together and enjoy!


Your VegHog

3 comments:

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.