27 July 2016

Potato spelt rolls


I rarely leave any potatoes to spare, but here's a roll recipe for just those occassions when too many potatoes have been roasted. Of course the potatoes can also be roasted especially for these spelt rolls. I really like potatoes in different kind of breads and this is just one of my basic roll recipes, so easy to make and very economical and tasty.

Recipe for 10 rolls

Ingredients

6 roasted new potatoes
25 g butter
200 ml lukewarm water
1 tbsp dry yeast
300 g spelt flour
1 tsp salt

Method

Mash the potatoes and melt the butter.

Add the yeast, salt, water and butter to the potatoes and mix.

Gradually add the flour and knead.

Let rise under a teatowel for about one hour.

Shape rolls from the dough.

Bake at 250 C for about 15 minutes.

Enjoy warm or later on once cooled.



I want to share with this rolls recipe with Credit Crunch Munch hosted by Lancashire Food in July and co-hosted by Fab Food 4 All and Fuss Free Flavours, as this is quite a cunning way using a few left-over roast potatoes. All other ingredients in this recipe are basic and cheap as well. It really pays off baking your own bread and it's so wonderful to have fresh bread!


Your VegHog

7 comments:

  1. Wow these rolls look amazing, what a great way to use up roast potatoes:-) Thanks for entering #CreditCrunchMunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Camilla! I'm glad I still managed to share a recipe with you in July. :)

      Delete
  2. What lovely rolls and such a thrifty way to use up leftovers , thanks for linking up to credit crunch munch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind comment Linzi!

      Delete
  3. What lovely rolls and such a thrifty way to use up leftovers , thanks for linking up to credit crunch munch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love the sound of these - we sometimes have roast potato leftover but it never lasts long except if I forget about it like my last batch which went into a stirfry - now I wish I had put it into bread - would love to try it in my sourdough. Though I am surprised you mashed your roast potato as I gather it would have crunchy bits but I know that mashed potato is great in breads - I think I fancy little chunks in mine (did you have chunks in your bread?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These certainly had some chunks in them and quite often I make potato loaves that have bigger chucks in them. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.