1 February 2019

My Legume Love Affair #124 Round Up


It has been an absolute pleasure hosting My Legume Love Affair again. We received so many lovely recipes that I'm going to present here. My Legume Love Affair is a monthly cooking challenge that was originally started by Susan from The Well Seasoned Cook and is now hosted by Lisa from Lisa's Kitchen with different guest hosts every month. Have a look at the lovely recipes shared with the 124th edition of the challenge.

Lisa from Lisa's Kitchen posted a recipe for Mung Beans in a Creamy Tomato Coconut Milk Sauce. I'm sure that this combination is very delicious, as I really like mung beans, and anything in a creamy tomato and coconut milk sauce is just heavenly. Apart from that, the dish is full of warming spices, so I would be up for it anytime.


Archana from The Mad Scientists Kitchen shared Fresh Hara Chana Chaat, Green Chickpea Salad, with us. I have never had any fresh chickpeas, but they sound great, and I really hope to be able to taste some one day. You can eat them as snacks as they are, or make lovely dishes like this healthy salad with them. In this salad there is also carrot, cucumber and many nice spices.


The Girl Next Door from The World Through My Eyes made (Hara Chana) Choliya Kadhi, Fresh Green Chana Kadhi. This recipe is also made with fresh green chickpeas, and they look ever so good again. This dish is best to be served hot or warm with some rotis, parathas or rice on the side. Again, I would really like to try this dish also.


Emily from Cooking for Kishore cooked Instant Pot Sweet Pongal. It's lovely to have a sweet dish shared with the challenge for a change. This sweet Pongal made with mung beans, basmati rice, coconut milk and spices is traditionally an offering made to God. It looks so good, and it's nice to learn about all these wonderful traditional dishes.


Shaheen from Allotment 2 Kitchen shared Vegan Cincinnati Spaghetti. This is a hearty pasta dish that also has an interesting history, as it was invented by Macedonian migrants to the US in the 1920s. There is a spicy sauce made with lentils and kidney beans with spaghetti, and a fresh avocado as a great topping for colour, different texture and freshness.


I made some Red lentil rolls this month. I'm a keen baker of different savoury rolls, and I like to add whatever comes to mind to them. Now red lentils came to mind, and the rolls turned out quite nice.


Thank you so much everyone for your contributions, it has been a really good month! Thank you also so much Lisa for letting me host again!

Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. I like fresh chickpeas - my mother tends to grow them every year and I do get my fair share to try. So its nice to see a number of recipes here showcasing them. Thanks for hosting MLLA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those all sound really delicious! I love foods from ethnic cuisines that have a strong vegetarian tradition. These are very intriguing.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.