24 September 2020

Shallot focaccia

 

I’ve had a nice holiday week so far. It has been very relaxing, just as I intended. I started today with a swim in the harbour, which is so refreshing and really wakes you up. We’ve visited some museums and local marketplaces, had a few beers in beer gardens and just read books. I’ve also done some watercolour painting. I’m not a good painter, but I like it.

Here is yet another focaccia bread that I’ve made. It’s a simple focaccia with pink shallots. It goes well with those autumnal soups or even on its own.




 Have a nice rest of the week!

Your VegHog

 

5 comments:

  1. Your holiday sounds so lovely - I have been holidaying at home and look forward to getting out and about. I do have a zoom meeting and walk with a friend planned for the weekend. Swimming in the harbour sounds freezing - would love to try it once but not sure I would go back! Your focaccia looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holiday at home is quite nice and luckily we are still able to go to places so there are many available activities. I think that the water in the harbour is not that cold (but I'm from Finland), you just need to dip in quickly and start swimming. Then everything will be fine. :)

      Delete
  2. Another gorgeous looking focaccia- it’s far puffier than the ready-made mix that I use. Does it have fresh yeast in it?
    I even struggle to get in the sea in Tenerife, so your dip in the harbour is making me shiver! Brrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use dry yeast, about 1 tablespoon. I really need to measure the ingredients next time and post the recipe. I always just throw stuff together until it feels right.

      I want to continue with the swimming at least until October. Let's see, if I'll manage.

      Delete
    2. I’d be interested in seeing your ingredients but I know it’s an additional faff if you usually don’t measure.
      Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.