17 October 2020

Roast potatoes and cauliflower with a cheese fondue sauce

 

The weekend has started sunny, but a bit chilly with a wind from the north. I will be doing the usual weekend potteries, like going to the market, strolling around in town and cooking at length. What are your plans for the weekend?

I’ve made a cheesy fondue style sauce a few times and it goes well with a lot of vegetables. It was nice in this combination with roasted cauliflower and it was also excellent with mushrooms. I think it’s a nice autumnal sauce that can lift a dish. I just first made a basic roux, then added white wine and Emmental cheese and some spicing like onion powder, vegetable stock powder, salt and ground black pepper. It’s easy to make and so tasty.

I served the cauliflower with crispy roast potatoes, steamed tender stem broccoli and tomatoes and cape gooseberries. It was a very good meal.




Have a nice weekend!

Your VegHog

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.