12 December 2020

Purple sweet potato gnocchi

 


Homemade vegan gnocchi could be a good Christmas dish too. It would be something a bit different. I made these cheerful coloured gnocchi from a roasted purple sweet potato and they were so nice. I served them with crispy sage butter and a pomegranate salad on the side. Have a look at my easy recipe below.


Ingredients

1 large purple sweet potato

300 g wheat flour

75 g potato flour

1 tsp salt

1 tbsp vegetable oil


Method

Roast the sweet potato in the oven and let it cool. Remove the flesh and mash it.

Mix the wheat and potato flour gradually with the sweet potato to make a firm mix. Season the mix with salt and also add vegetable oil.

Shape gnocchi from the dough and cook them in boiling water. They are done when they float on the surface.

I also fried my gnocchi in some oil and butter mix.

Serve with your favourite sauce and sides and enjoy!





Your VegHog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.